The Plant Department has implemented an annual hazardous waste and surplus chemical disposal pick up program for the schools. Schools will have the opportunity to dispose of waste and surplus chemicals from the science labs (including biology specimens), auto shop program and fluorescent light bulbs annually.
NOTE: The automotive shop program is not to collect waste fluids from work done on vehicles belonging to the general public. In cases of oil changes, trans fluids, antifreeze changes, gear oil, etc., the waste products are to be sent with the owner of the vehicle being serviced.
Please make arrangements with your Department Heads and Head Custodians to identify surplus and waste chemicals to be disposed from your school.
The waste disposal request form must be filled out and submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your list should outline the name of the chemical and size in litres or grams of the container. Example if a 1 litre bottle of Sulfuric acid is ½ full then it is counted as a 1 litre bottle of Sulfuric acid.
There are six category groups that chemicals are to be placed in for disposal transportation:
- Acid waste
- Alkaline waste
- Organic liquid or solid waste
- Oxidizing waste
- Reactive waste
- Cyanide waste
Florescent tubes must be bundled together, taped and placed in cardboard box, and all spiral bulbs are to be collected in a plastic pail with a lid.
九色视频 Waste Disposal Process:
Click here for the 九色视频 Hazardous Waste Disposal Form (.PDF). Please print it and
In order to deal with the pickup of hazardous waste products from your school, The Plant Department requires the following steps to be followed:
- Fill in the 九色视频 Waste Disposal Request Form – Available in the Plant Department link shown above.
- Detailed inventory list must be identified of each item to be picked up
- Send the completed 九色视频 Waste Disposal Request Form electronically to email@example.com
- Waste Disposal Form submission deadline is the third Monday in June
- Hazardous Waste Inventory will only be collected annually, pick up will be coordinated the last week in June
Should you have any questions, please contact the Manager of Plant Services, or Coordinator of Maintenance.